Saturday, March 24, 2007

Watching the tube...

I was watching the military-industrial-entertainment channel a couple of nights ago and saw a documentary on the new infantry fighting vehicles and how they were being used for combat.

It was amusing to see how each vehicle now employed a communicator/planner who kept track of where the sections were at all times as well as the other vehicles so they could coordinate fire support, rapid extraction, over-watch, etc.

Why I found this amusing is because nearly 20 years ago I had proposed something very similar to the Canadian military in terms of a fundamental shift in some of our tactics when I was working in the Combat Development Division of Army Headquarters.

Of course, I was told then that young officers had better things to trouble themselves with than section and platoon level combat; I should be concentrating on combat team and battle group tactics and operations.

Maybe its just me – but doesn’t the whole “divide and conquer” principle start by mowing down your sections and platoons?

Aah... I’m sure Caesar was just a confused Lieutenant like I was.

8 Comments:

Blogger SS0N said...

have u ever heard of a company called "Covert Arena" (http://www.covertarena.co.uk)!?
I havent heard of them before but in the description of them it sounds like a company such as EO and Sandline.. Do you know if this is the real deal or does it sound like bullshit to you!? The thing is that i'm a swedish soldier (mech inf squad ldr) and there is no possibility to work and live as a soldier in sweden full time, so now i'm looking at the mercinary companys. My be I'll find something intresting.. do you have any suggestions or advices for me? Please email me:-) Maakka_414@hotmail.com

11:11 AM, October 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are interested in buying your domain name. Please email creature@sourjelly.com

DH

6:52 AM, February 15, 2008  
Blogger MILITIA said...

Hi there

do you have an alternative contact method (email)that I could contact you on.. would like to privately discuss some things..

3:18 AM, May 06, 2009  
Blogger Kitchen Sister said...

So... if Executive Outcomes is now defunct, who the hell is my friend working for? He just got shipped off to Iraq. He said he signed up with Executive Outcome (singular) but it looks like they're just a domestic bodyguard business.

3:35 PM, December 05, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Kitchen Sister

I suggest you read this post; it will explain...

http://executiveoutcomes.blogspot.com/2005/03/there-is-no-more-executive-outcomes.html

9:47 PM, December 05, 2010  
Blogger Kitchen Sister said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:09 PM, December 06, 2010  
Blogger Kitchen Sister said...

@ Anon: Yeah, I read that, which is what raised my panic level to the current state of posting a redundant question. I'm afraid he was just given a plane ticket and a contact. Fool! I should have asked more logistics questions and fewer "How are you feeling?" ones. Thanks for your info, I can see why you want to sell your domain - you have your info up, repeated over and over, and then people like me still ask the same question, over and over again. Obnoxious!

3:11 PM, December 06, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this executive outcomes team....what i have to do..if i wish to join...executive outcomes team...

11:26 AM, May 18, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home